With prostate cancer being so common in men, it’s vital to know what signs and symptoms to look for. Acknowledging the importance of being proactive is worth reiterating during September, which is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.
According to statistics, one in every nine men will be diagnosed with the disease, so catching it early has a better success rate of treatment.
Pharmacy Advantage knows how difficult a cancer diagnosis can be on a person, and they are always there to fulfill any medical needs.
Here are some symptoms to look out for when it comes to prostate cancer:
- Urinating often, especially at night.
- Having trouble starting urinating.
- Blood in urine or semen.
- An interruption in urinating, as well as dribbling urine.
- Painful ejaculation or erectile dysfunction.
- Pain around hips, lower back and pelvis area.
It’s a scary thing to think about possibly having prostate cancer, but the sooner you recognize symptoms and get it checked out, the better chance you have of surviving the disease.