Many Americans don’t know the signs of stroke. Anyone is at risk of having a stroke, and should be prepared to know the symptoms and what to do. The American Stroke Association has a downloadable mobile app that is free for all residents of the United States.
Here are a few common signs that someone is having a stroke:
- Arm weakness, numbness, or tingling
- Speech difficulty
- Face Drooping
- Severe headache with no known cause
- Trouble walking or seeing in one or both eyes
- Dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden confusion or trouble understanding
Strokes do not just happen in the elderly population, they can happen in to young people as well. Hence the importance in knowing symptoms to look for, recognize, and take fast action by calling 911. You can learn more about strokes by visiting StrokeAssociation.org.